Sunday, March 22, 2009

whoa.

i might be kicked out of blog land for my lack of updating. i don't know what my deal is, it's definitely not that i'm too busy. march has been a very, shall I say, relaxed month. another word for it could be boring. i'm trying to save money so that i will be able to live it up in greece at the beginning of april with dre, and that means i've spent a good number of weekends in march close to barbastro. i only have one more weekend before i leave for greece and i cannot contain my excitement. i just really hope the weather cooperates with our plans of laying out on the beach everyday. right now the high's are in the upper 50s, which i think is still a little cool for laying out. but oh well, we will have a great time anyways.

so now for part 2 of my berlin trip.

day 2 in berlin was super. we woke up and headed over to the meeting point for the Fat Tire Bike Tour. This was my third Fat Tire tour, and I had some pretty high expectations bc the tours in Barcelona and Paris were so good. They definitely did not disappoint. Our tour guide Marielle was actually a fellow Texan, from Dallas! what a small world. she knew what she was talking about and was entertaining. We saw tons of interesting things, learned a lot, and i ate some strange food. I can't tell you how cold it was. A few times I thought I was going to die from slipping on the snow/ice, but it all turned ok.

after the tour we went to starbucks for a nice hot coffee and ended up staying there for a pretty long time. we wanted to go back to the Checkpoint Charlie Museum, because I wanted to learn more about the wall, but when we got there we found out it wasn't free and we didn't feel like paying. we killed some time before eating dinner and then we decided to go see another movie. haha. In case you were thinking about it, don't see Nick and Norah's Infinite playlist. It's not even worth renting. after the movie, we went to the Reichstag, which is the Parliament building. One of Dre's roommates heard that the view from the top of the building was really pretty, so we wanted to check it out. Even an hour before the closing time, the line was really long and we waited for a good 45 minutes in the cold to get it. We finally thought we were at the front of the line, about to go in, when we discovered that we still had to wait in a small waiting room before we could actually enter the main building. we started making horribly inappropriate jokes about whether or not would should let German people force us into a small place with lots of other people. it was really bad, and if the people around us knew why were laughing so hard, i'm sure they would have thought we were awful people. anyways, we had to go through a security checkpoint, which made me nervous because German people just make me nervous. we were then ushered into a really large elevator. more inappropriate jokes. then we finally made it up to the observation area and realized that the top was open and it was freezing. also it was really cloudy so we couldn't see this supposed good view. we only stayed up there for about ten minutes bc it was so cold, then we went back down and headed back to our hostel.

Overall the weekend was a lot of fun, and it's always good to get to see someone who knows me so well and always laughs at my dumb jokes. I am sooo looking forward to my week away from Barbastro during Semana Santa, but even more because I'll be spending it with a friend. Thanks Dre for being my travel buddy!!

No comments: